Try and keep things local by meeting face to face to see the item before the exchange money
- Make sure you are completely happy with the item before you hand over any money.
- For your own safety, insist in meeting in a public place and if possible always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going.
- Never carry large sums of money with you. If you’re looking to buy something expensive, we recommend that you meet with the seller to view the item first. If you are happy to then proceed with the purchase, either go to the bank with the seller to make the payment or arrange to meet somewhere safe with the money.
- Keep things local by meeting face to face with the buyer to exchange items and money at the same time
- For your personal safety, meet in a well lit public place and always take someone with you, or at least tell a friend where you’re going
- Remember, if something sounds too good to be true, it’s usually is.
What we do about your safety
We are fully committed to making sure your experience on Trademug.com is safe and simple to use.
- Constantly improving our technology to detect and prevent suspicious or inappropriate activity behind the scenes
- Hiding your email address on ads you post to protect you from spam
- A dedicated safety team that will always respond to your reports and prevent and detect suspicious or inappropriate activity on the site
- Handling all reports of suspicious or illegal activity within just a few hours. If we can identify a safety risk, we’ll use the details provided in the report to make sure that offenders are prevented from using the site again.
- Working closely with the police and other law enforcement agencies to support successful prosecutions